There are times like the holiday season where we need a little help to stay on track. I have listed some helpful tips on how to avoid the dreaded belly bulge, post sugar break outs and that holiday hangover.
- Don’t show up to the party starving! you will be more likely to reach for the sugary and heavy carb dishes
- Load your plate up with the healthier options from the classic veggie platter
- If it’s a pot luck your in luck! This is your opportunity to bring your own healthy dish to share.
- Start your day off right with warm lemon water, and a breakfast that is high in protein and full of fibre.
- Drink water after every cocktail! The more of a buzz you get, the more likely you will be reach for the unhealthy options.
- Supplement with the mineral Chromium, this helps to balance blood sugar and prevent those spikes that make you want more sugar. 600 micrograms daily, do not exceed 1000 micrograms in a day.
- kukicha tea is a twig tea that helps to alkalize and restore the minerals in your body. This is great for when you have eaten too much white sugar, to sooth digestion and release trapped gas, to reduce heartburn, and cure that holiday hangover.
- Exercise! Yoga, Pilates, running, skipping, walking, what ever it is, just move. Burn off all those extra calories!
- Enjoy! If you stress yourself out with self depreciating thoughts of all the junk you consumed, it can cause more inflammation and have a more negative impact on your body! Brush yourself off and make better choices starting tomorrow.
Hope you all have a Happy and GLOWY Holiday Season! If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to email me at email@example.com, I’m here to help!
Mei-Lana Chow RHN xoxo