Anyone who knows me well, will say: Mei is all about living life to the fullest and has zero room for missing opportunities! I always say or do anything that makes me feel like I’m on the right path of being and owning my authentic self. No regrets. Sometimes fast, sometimes slow.
When I was young, my mum used to say to me, “Mei-Lana, listen to your body. If you’re tired, sleep! If you’re hungry, eat!” This used to annoy me, because I was always too caught up, living in the moment, and felt way TOO BUSY to listen to my own body.
Now, fast forward to the time as a fully grown woman when I was in class at CSNN (Canadian School of Natural Nutrition), where I learned that nutritional deficiencies are the root cause of most diseases.
Here’s the deal with what I learned.
We all have some habits that deplete our bodies of specific amino acids, minerals, and vitamins:
- Excessive sun exposure will break down our skin and cause free radical damage.
- Drinking alcohol will rid the body of B vitamins (the list goes on).
- Exercise will burn sugars, but we need protein to rehabilitate and rebuild our bodies.
If we pay attention—like, listen to our bodies—it will give us the signs and symptoms to look out for, in which we can help ourselves to heal and replenish.
My Top 6 Healthy Habits for Glowing Skin
Today, I would like to share with you some helpful tips to benefit your health and skin! I incorporate these easy habits into my life every day to achieve my ultimate glow.
- I eat greens at every meal and keep track of what I eat.
- I wash my face every night.
- I cook with high flashpoint oils, like grape seed oil and coconut oil.
- I eat fermented foods, and take a probiotic and Vitamin B complex daily.
- I slow down and recognize how to be grateful and positive. It really is your choice.
- I apply honey to my face every other night.
Get your glow on, and join me in these healthy habits. I promise you will feel better and look better! ✨