For those of you who know me from working at the Dermatology clinic, KNOW that I am a firm believer in the benefits of light energy for skincare rehabilitation.
The light treatment I will be obsessing over in this blog post with you is …LED! Light Emitting Diode.
OK I know…You may be asking yourself, “What can LED light therapy do for me?” Let me give you the details.
The lights are computer chips encased in a glass like resin. These “bulbs” emit therapeutic coloured wavelengths of light energy. This light therapy is not ultra violet so it doesn’t damage skin, instead it stimulates your skin to rejuvenate itself! It was originally developed to rehabilitate and encourage the healing of skin due to trauma, like burns or surgery.
Here is the cool part, the light energy is translated into ATP (adenosine triphosphate) inside your skin cells, which is the fuel that the cell uses to do its job. The ATP is used by fibroblast cells in the dermis layer which have the job of producing collagen (which give the skin fullness or that plumped look) and elastin (which give the skin the ability to bounce back). Sounds great right? That’s not all, the light also stimulates Superoxide Dismutase (SOD) which is the body’s most powerful natural antioxidant enzyme that plays a critical role in reducing the oxidative damage and inflammation.
What??!! LED gives the cells a ‘full tank of fuel’ and these fibroblast cells start to produce collagen and elastin like when we were 20-25 years old,” Sounds freaking awesome to me!… How does that sound to you?
Different colours of light will promote different reactions in your skin. It’s scientifically proven that Red Light Rays stimulate collagen and elastin production by increasing the blood circulation. This translates to less wrinkles, sagging skin and reduces sun damage!!
The blue rays are proven to kill acne-causing bacteria which results in a speedy elimination of acne breakouts and a prevention of new acne breakouts! With both the Red & Blue lights you can say bye bye to those nasty pimples!
Here are the health benefits of each of the 7 settings below:
- Red – Stimulates the growth of collagen. Collagen is an essential protein that used to repair damaged tissues and to repair the old tissues. This helps with removing fine lines, shrinking pores, reducing wrinkles, saggy skin & healing acne.
- Blue – Bacteria in acne contains Porphyrins; because of the high affinity with wave length, the blue light is able to kill Porphyrins. In addition, the blue light is very effective for hypersensitivity.
- Green – Balances your skin pigment, reduces fine lines, improves aging skin, speeds up the healing process of wounds, and lightens the skin.
- Yellow – Improves the exchange of oxygen in the skin cells with it’s special 590mm wavelength. Corrects decomposing pigment, promotes lymphatic drainage, improves rough skin.
- Purple – Combines the benefits of both the red light and blue light! This mode is particularly effective at removing acne!
- Clear Blue – Enhances cell energy gradually, and has an amazing metabolism facilitating effect!
My knowledge on light and laser therapy goes back 12 years and have I extensive experience at using this technology. I am confident you will want to add this to every facial you receive from now on!
LED Photon Therapy is the latest beauty trend, and is now available at Glow with Mei.
Book your LED Micro GLOW Facial today! or Add this popular light treatment to any facial (in place of the mask) for $50
Consistency of exposure to the LED light accelerates and is necessary to see results. Recommended protocol depends on severity of skin condition being treated. 20 to 30 treatments may be required along with appropriate home care protocol to obtain ultimate results. Consultation is required.
LED light 30mins- $65
Package of 10 $520 – 2 free!
Package of 5 $260 – 1 free!
I look forward to seeing you soon!
Mei-Lana Chow RHN xoxo