Honey has so many amazing benefits for us, inside and out. Here is one of my recommended at home treatments you can easily do to help keep your skin maintained and glowing! I recommend using raw organic honey.
Honey Lift Massage: At-Home Treatment
1. Wash hands to remove oils and dry thoroughly.
2. You may want to wrap your hair in a hand towel and tuck it, so as not to get any honey in your hair.
3. Wash face using circular motion strokes for about 2 minutes. This is experienced as ‘massage’, so take your time. Rinse with water three times.
4. Dry the face thoroughly, as well as your hands. (Honey will not become sticky with a damp face or damp hands).
5. Place 1.5 teaspoon of honey on the tips of your fingers. Rub your fingers together and smooth it all over your face (avoid the eyes and neck).
6. Start by whipping the cheeks lightly with open fingers to somewhat ‘fan’ the face while you are ‘airing’ the honey to get it to become sticky. Once it starts becoming sticky, begin random tapping all over the face. Continue for 2 minutes or so.
7. Tap over areas of congestion (nose, chin, forehead) and pump fine lines and wrinkles. With all the active stimulation, your skin will probably be pink. Now, RELAX with honey on your face for up to 20 minutes.
8. Remove the honey. First wet your hands and begin to rub the sticky honey until it starts to feel silky. Once silky, remove the product with soft face cloth and then cleanse and tone. Without cleansing, the honey will leave a sticky residue on the face.
9. Finish by moisturizing: apply eye cream, serum and moisturizing cream. Your Honey Lift Massage Treatment is complete!
Results You Will Experience from This At-Home Treatment:
- A light exfoliation of the skin
- Helps to smooth fine lines
- Improves circulation: stimulates the synthesis of collagen
- Super hydration: provides moisture and nourishment for dry, dull skin
- Acts as an antioxidant
- Increased immune response to the face: antibacterial and antimicrobial
- Assists the skin to naturally express congested sebum (clogged pores)
- Refreshing feeling to the face and relaxation to the body
I would love to hear if you’ve tried this at home, and how your skin feels afterward. Leave me a note below!
One thought on “How To Honey Mask At Home”
Followed your great instructions and had a wonderful honey mask. Thank you for your continued suggestions and recipes for home spa treatments. Of course none match what you do at your clinic but throughout covid these have been very helpful