I think we are ALL equally suffering from itchy, dry, dehydrated skin at this time of the year.
Balance Your Skin’s Natural Oil and Water
Did you know that your skin needs the right balance of oil (moisture) to water (hydration) to function at its ultimate best? How do you create that balance? It’s actually quite easy! Using the right products for your skin type and layering them in the right way, will help keep your skin comfortable and hydrated.
Top 6 Tips for Using Products in Winter
No matter what your skin type, I’ve outlined my top 6 tips on how to make the products you may already have at home work more efficiently for you. A few tweaks to modify your step-by-step skincare routine in the winter months will do wonders, day or night!
- Consider starting your night time routine with oil cleansing, which will deep clean skin without stripping natural moisture.
- Tap eye cream into the skin around the orbital bone, not too close to the lash line to avoid causing eye irritation.
- Mist your face with an alcohol-free toner, but do not let mist evaporate! Quickly apply serum on damp skin!
- Your serum should have Hyaluronic Acid in it. This natural substance holds 100 times its weight in water, helping to trap the water contents from the toner and lock the moisture deeper into the skin.
- Apply a generous amount of face cream. Don’t forget to apply to your neck as well! If you feel you need more, apply a second layer once the first layer absorbs
- Apply 2-3 drops of your favourite face oil. Massage neck and face using upward, circular motions for at least 5 minutes to stimulate circulation and help penetration of all your perfectly applied layers of moisture. This is also a good time to Jade roll.
? Use a honey mask twice a week or every day if you like! → Honey Lift Massage instructions
? Put a humidifier in your bedroom to keep your skin from dehydrating while you sleep
☀️ Drink a full glass of water upon waking
Skin Care Products for Drier Months
Weatherproof your skin and choose the right hydration to coast through this winter without annoying, uncomfortable itchy, dry skin or unnecessary breakouts. Navigate skin care ingredient lists with these helpful hints on what to include and what to avoid for beautiful radiant skin all year long.
If you have any questions, I’d love to hear from you! Leave me a comment below or feel free to contact me with any other skin care inquiries.